Monday, February 7, 2011

Forward Facing Bookshelves

I have been looking for an inexpensive and fun way to display books in my sons room and I saw this clever idea on Apartment Therapy:

"The start of the year is a great time to switch things up at home. Lillian has reinvigorated her kids' enthusiasm for their books by adding some forward-facing shelving. It's a triple win here: more reading, smart storage for small spaces and incredibly cheap ($4 each!). So just what are those little shelves and where can you get them?
They are none other than $3.99 spice racks from Ikea (the Bekvam). Each one is 16.5 inches long which is terrific for small rooms. If you don't live near an Ikea, keep your eyes open at thrift shops, garage sales or dollar stores."

I immediately went out to Ikea and I bought 4 spice racks and now I want spray paint them white for a fresh clean look.  They makes me so happy each time I walk into his room.  I will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment