Monday, February 7, 2011

Alphabet Patch Work



Here is a really cute project from Destri of The Mother Huddle:  


Supplies:
alphabet stencil
white spray paint and primer
scrap fabric or paper
double sided tape
frame
I found my stencil at a craft store for $1.50. It’s blue, and we need it white. Any excuse to use spray paint, and I’ll take it. Have you played with it lately? The best instant gratification!
I like to put things in a box when spray painting, it helps to contain the mess. Give it two coats of primer, and then a few good coats of paint, letting the paint dry in between each time.
Alright, we now have a dry, white canvas to work with. At this point you could just take a sheet of patterned scrapbook paper, or one sheet of fabric and tape to the back, and frame. That would be the easiest route, but I had the cutest little fabric swatches that are in the colors of the room. Use what you have.
I just cut them to size and put a little double sided tape on the back of the stencil to hold the fabric in place. The tape I used was some fancy little tape dispenser, but halfway through I was wishing I had a good ‘ol roll of tape.
And there you have it. Patch work alphabet art…so cute! This is where you squeal because it turned out even better then you thought it would."

No comments:

Post a Comment